First you will speak to a GGD employee. You can discuss your question or questions with them. You can then speak to one of our doctors or nurses if you want to. We will get an interpreter to join the call if we need to so that you can talk in a language that you know well. Our employees will answer your questions as well as they can. Sometimes we will refer you to someone else because they can answer your question better. For example we may refer you to:
- Your medical specialist or midwife (if you are pregnant). We do this if it is important to know your medical history to make the right decisions.
- The government’s Coronavirus Public Information Service 0800 1351: to ask any questions you have about government policy on coronavirus.
- The GGD’s National Vaccination Appointment Line 0800 7070 or coronavaccinatie-afspraak.nl: to make an appointment for a vaccination. You can also go to www.getvaccinatedwithoutanappointment.nl.
- Test appointment information page
(https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-test/getting-tested-for-coronavirus-if-you-have-symptoms): to see all the ways you can make an appointment for a coronavirus test.
- Netherlands Pharmacovigilance Centre Lareb (www.lareb.nl): to report any side-effects you may have from a vaccine or medicine.
The questionsaboutcoronavirus.nl website was set up by GGD GHOR Nederland. We think everyone should be able to get answers to questions about coronavirus so that they can make the right choices. We work with the 25 GGDs, family doctors, medical specialists in hospitals and other organisations that help people.
If you are looking for more information, go to: